Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Comic Watch: FATMAN # 1

FATMAN TO THE RESCUE 

Fatman issue 1.
Copyright- Anthony Faella 2014
I meet up with the awesome Anthony Faella today at Famous Faces & Funnies over in W. Melbourne FL today. Had a awesome interview with Anthony and he gave me some of his comics to review. The next few days I will be reviewing his titles and here is the first book in his series.

His comic measures about 8.5X11, it is a homegrown comic series that he self-publishes. He draws and colors it. You don't see many comics like this on the shelves at all. You mostly get the real polished comics that are produced by the big two and many indies out there.

This comic series is the camcorder version of comic books out there, a old folk like comic that used to be made during the old wild west days.

The comics on the shelves with other titles over at Famous
Faces & Funnies.
Copyright- Anthony Faella 2014

SPOILERS

I read through the entire issue and I will tell you truthfully I enjoyed the series. It made me laugh as I read about a hero who got into a brawl with the evil villain Euchre, who murdered the Police Chief and had the Mayor captive. Once Fatman got down to it, he whooped the guy to a bloody mess, and he ran off with the Mayor who later scolds him by committing an illegal act of vigilantism.

Ultimately he gets a key from the Mayor who later closes his eyes asking him to leave. Fatman, runs off for some frosty drinks and runs into a evil seductress known as Sireen that likes our hero. However, he avoids her advances and goes on his merry way. It ends with a laugh as a little mischief is played out with a new introduction being made in the very end.

My overall feelings.

Yes the art is simple, but it works because it flows from page to page. A very easy read, and entertaining. I enjoyed it and I look forward reading the next issue tomorrow.

For more info about Fatman and Anthony Faella go here. : FATMAN COMICS

Jake Estrada
spacecoastcomixx@yahoo.com
www.facebook.com/spacecoastcomixx


No comments:

Post a Comment